Friday, September 07, 2007

Encounter With Death


I had a dream yesterday, In that dream I was chased by an unknown assailant. It was dark and i did not know who it was. All i knew was an aura of immense evil was breathing through my neck. I ran along the very dark alley with darkness in front of me. Time was flowing slowly...its as if i was pulled in a vortex tunnel that was never ending. Then suddenly i saw an ending to the road ahead, I knew straight away that i had no way to run. The end of a cliff greeted me as i can feel the darkness coming closer. Instinctively i jumped..... it was long, a very long fall..... I don't think I ever reached the bottom when suddenly woke up from my slumber.


I am not a person that remembers his dream well but this one was vivid and real to leave an impression.


So as I was driving home slightly drenched with rain from some chores that I had to do, this dream of mine kept circulating in my mind. I did not try to interpret what the dream meant for me but Death came to mind (i am not suicidal...don't worry...kaka). I was thinking to myself, if I die would anyone apart from my family members mourn for me. Will my death bring any impact to people I know. To be honest, I have lost many friends as I moved on my journey in life. I have not always been a person that hangs on to sentimentality and because of that many friends came and go apart from the handful few that is still around. So if I die will they miss me? Will they come to my funeral and put a rose on my grave?


Of course, I would be the last person that wants to meet Grim Ripper. I rarely thought of death so its really odd when it does flash in your mind even for that split second. If I would to die today, I think I would be a wondering ghost seeking to complete his fulfilment in life. I might turn out to be one scary ghost!. There is still many things that I want to do. Of course I would gladly raise a family of my own. Care for my wife and make her the epicentre of my life. I have always looked at family that looked so happy that it radiates warmth to my heart. It is my wish to have such a family one day. I'll also like to see me fulfil my obligation as a filial son. To provide them with what I can till they move on from this place we call earth. There is a million and one thing that I still want to do but the question would be, "will there be time for it all"?....................

No comments: