Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Bad Day

Today is just one of those days that you wish would end at a blink of an eye but can't for some odd reason. One word sums up my day today - frustrating.

First was this oddball that came to my practice wanting glasses. Then after less then 5 minutes of me testing his eyes, flung my trial lenses and rushed out of my site test room. He then complaint to her daughter which incidentally is one of my regular customer that I was wasting his time. The problem was, the daughter was surprised that the test was so quick when the dad came out. Of course i kept my cool. Even though my equipment got thrown to the floor i tried to explain that its part of the procedure to make a good pair of glasses for him. I felt a bit pity for the daughter since she had to say sorry on the dad behalf after the dad angrily walked out of the practice. Bloody hell...why does such unreasonable human exist?

To compound my frustration, later in the afternoon I was talking to another client of mine. After explaining to him on various lenses things that he can use for almost half and hour, he stood up and said "thanks for the info, I don't plan to buy today just wanted to survey the market so that I can buy in 2 month time when i get my wage". I was like...bloody hell, you should have said so instead of the "i wanna make a pair of glasses please". Honestly i don't mind people browsing but to say you wanna make glasses and after me doing so much test then walking off...now thats unreasonable.

Then came my third calamity. For some reason my PC stopped working. Had to boot the comp 5 times and after again another agonizing 20 mins it suddenly just like magic decided to work on me.

Its 4.17pm in the afternoon. I honestly hope this would be the end of my streak. I don't think i want to handle any pleasantries at this moment in time. Anger management have always been my strong points but today it seems its starting to creep up on me.

May god have mercy on this currently fragile mind of mine.

No comments: