Monday, January 08, 2007

Farewell 2006

2006 have generally been a good year for me. My gross profit for the year rose by 8% which for me is admirable considering this year was actually bad for many business market.

My investment in new equipments and new administration processes have helped out a lot. Nevertheless, I have yet accomplished my vision for the practice although I would say 70% of what I want is there after 3 years of taking over. There is still the matter of having my data fully digitalized and to upgrade my diagnostic equipment for more value added service. I would definitely want to go paperless this year and i am also seriously contemplating on acquiring a fundus camera but it would knock me off by about 80K. But I do see me having it in the coming future even if i don't get it by this year. Probably get a digital slit-lamp if the fundus camera don't materialize.

Anyway I will need to further think about the matter and see how I would want to shape my business for 2007. For sure I shall be sticking to my niche market which is the middle upper segment. I'll leave the bargain galore to the rest of the competitor to fight it out.

On a personal note, I guess after 3 years of constant work I might wanna take a vacation for a change. Although I don't know when time shall permit me to do so, I shall make an effort. The problem is to find people to wanna join since I am normally off during non holiday period.

No comments: