Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Life Journey


The definition of love comes in many shape, form and sizes. Over the years, I have heard many people talk about this ancient yet fresh terminology that has plagued the human race. Why plague? Because it had caused a lot of hurt but yet we as sentient beings chase after it as if our life depends on it.

My life experience on love has been somewhat vague. Vague in the sense that when I think back things seems far and distant. It may be due to the fact that I have shut out my heart for a long time for other commitments in my life.

My life have always revolved around the people that is dear to me and for the last few years it had been revolving around my family. Friends and family ask me why have I not moved on. I myself ask the same question but deep inside i suspect that I have lost myself or even lost the sense of purpose on what love is all about. The images of previous relationships and the sacrifices that I have made for them and the hurt it had caused me had been a scar that was pretty hard to bear. Up until recently the thought still hold true.

Then came a glimmer of hope late last year. What started off as an innocent conversation blossomed into something unexpected. Unexpected because I have always had many barriers built up around me. For the past few years it had protected me from what I thought was something I am not prepared to do. The rate that my barriers got ravaged was so rapid that my heart lead me on a journey that my brain couldn't. By the time my brain got back to its senses I realised what a great journey I have walked on and I knew my heart was doing what was right for me. My heart was finally opened after so many years of dormancy.

My life in a way has come full circle, in a sense that I now know what to expect and what to hope for in life.
Someone once told me, "one cannot choose what family that he/she is born in but what they can choose is the family that they will be in later in life". I have now seen the path that is laid in front of me. I shall walk along it through thick and thin. I know that one needs to give before they can take. I shall give every effort, heart and soul for this long journey of mine. As I know this path I am walking is the one that I want to take for the rest of my life.......................

2 comments:

Soul_Voice said...

Walk on..........:)

Blessings to you.

Chee Hoe said...

Thanks Lady Jade

Walk I will